Tuesday, March 08, 2005

News Flash--Urgent! (PB)

I posted a previous review for Columbia Crest’s Grand Estates Merlot 2001. This is #52 pick of Wine Spectator's top 100 of 2004. It is sold out in knowledgeable wine shops (at least in my part of the world) where people who know wine tend to go. But here is the FLASH--This wine is currently available in supermarkets for $10. It will not last long so if you want a wine that Wine Spectator rated a 90, for this price, RUN, don’t walk to your nearest supermarket.

For your refresher; I have re-posted my review below.

It is lighter on the pour with a bouquet that is fruity and the nose rich, even meaty. Medium bodied with robust tannins and a foundation of mixed berry flavors. A large presence of currants and raspberries climb on top with a nice silky texture. There is even some spice that tops it off for a provocative finish. It is a bargain value at $10.00. I would give it an 88 maybe even an 89.

1 comment: