Monday, October 31, 2005

Three Blind Moose Merlot 2003 (PB)

This wine with animals on the label (I detest animals on wine labels) is made worse by the fact that the animals are wearing sunglasses for Pete’s sake. Despite the stupid label and name, the wine is an intense ruby with a light but pleasant green pepper nose with a touch of strawberries.

This wine is made in the fruit forward, typical new world-pop style that appeals to many of today’s wine drinkers. A lot of people will like this wine even though it is just your basic pop wine, unremarkable, not typical of the Merlot grape and a little tannic. But, in fairness, it is an enjoyable enough wine if you just want some “wine” and aren’t looking for anything special or memorable. Raise a glass if you want–seeing impaired animals not withstanding. Around $8 I believe.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:53 PM

    I'd say get over it with the animals. Would you prefer another boring etching of a winery? I (and lots of other some-times wine drinkers) happen to like fun labels. As for the moose, call it what you want, but again, I love it. I poured it for a bunch of friends (yes I bought it because of the label) and everyone loved it. Oh, by the way, we also poured Ridge and Hall. They were not bad either. But at a fraction of the price, I'll take the Moose -- sun glasses and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:45 PM

    I tried it and I liked it. Even liked the animals and the price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:51 PM

    PAUGOL:
    A DECENT PLONK AT A DECENT PRICE...WAT-DANNA-WANT?
    HG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:24 PM

    I'm from Maine, so do not denigrate our moose. Seriously, I like this merlot, I like the blackberry taste...also a nice Maine berry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:03 PM

    The Herd rules! This is a very good, inexpensive wine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:47 PM

    I am a graphic designer who buys wine because of the cool labels. Often the labels are better than the wine, but in this case, both the whimsical illustration and the wine were very tasty. I feel sorry for the animal hater.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:43 PM

    I had trouble with a faulty cork and when I called to report this to the company, the representatives were extremely rude and didn't instead of apologizing, she gave me a lecture. I am boycotting!

    ReplyDelete