Thursday, October 06, 2005

K Syrah Cougar Hills 2003 (PB)

This wine is a very limited production wine from Washington State which my wine guy in Freeport was able to locate for me. It is a bit pricey–$45–and this was one of 8 bottles available in my state! It had to be a special occasion to open it and last night was that night! (Read preceding entry)

It is a deep, inky blue/black/red with a humongous and clear strawberry and meat bouquet. (NW) called it a strawberry hamburger...On the palate it is deep but a little closed with a little smoke on the finish. With a few minutes of breathing a little vanilla emerges. After a half hour or so there is a consistency of aromas and flavor and depth that is unusual in my experience. A hint of chocolate rises as well on top of more fruit.

This is a deep, rich wine with luxurious tannins and finally a wine that is expensive (for me) and that is impressive! This won’t be on the recommended list only because I don’t believe it is readily available. But I’d buy it again and that’s a pretty good compliment. If you can find this, raise a glass for a real treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment