Monday, October 10, 2005

El Roy Proprietor's Red Wine 2000 (NW)

El Roy Proprietor's Red Wine 2000:

Plum and black currant on the nose
Jammy on the palate
Strong tannins and a vegetable bitter finish

After giving this wine some time to breathe, the bitterness burned off and revealed a strawberry layer in addition to what's noted above. This wine is nicely balanced and good with food. The label says there are Bordeaux and Rhone grape varieties blended together, but the blending information is proprietary.

I first had this wine two years ago in Atlanta at a restaurant. The following day I found it in an Atlanta wine shop that specializes in small production wines and bought a bottle for $22. I hadn't seen it for two years until I spotted a few bottles in a Boston wine shop, and at the attractive price of $19. I need to go back and grab the last couple of bottles. Raise a glass of hard-to-find wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment