Monday, October 10, 2005

Rancho Zabaco Dancing Bull Zinfandel 2003 (PB)

I went to one of my wine haunts to hunt down some of the latest Wine Spectator and Wine
Enthusiast top, bargain, picks. At the top of my list was the elusive Buehler–YES! That’s Beuhler as in, “Beuhler? Beuhler? Beuhler? As in the classic “Ferris Beuller’s Day Off” or not...

Anyway, they didn’t have the 93 point Zinfandel by the name but the wine guy–Jim–suggested I try this wine which was nearly half the price of the one I was looking for.

I grabbed it, took it home and popped the cork as I await, my venison sausage and penne with provolone dinner.

It is a very pretty garnet on the pour with a nice bouquet of fruit filled with black cherries. With a few minutes of air, it opens even more fully to a wonderful fruity wine with solid tannins and a rich flavor of hay and watermelon and little spice which is very nice. This is a quality wine and at $8.50 and readily available, I HAVE to recommend it! Raise a glass and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment