Thursday, December 08, 2005

Wine Review: Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon 2001 (NW)

Very nice nose- fruity and fragrant
Juicy and ripe on the palate
Moderate tannins on the long finish

I wanted to try this wine again after recently praising it in a prior review. On the second pass, I still feel this is a very nice wine. What I like about it is that it seems alive and fresh, but still has depth and nice layers. To me, this is a very good example of a well-made California Cab. But be careful because in this category and price range (approx. $45), the wines can often vary greatly from year-to-year. As a result, my recommendation is that you pay special attention to the vintage when shopping. I can tell you the 2001 is very nice but that may not hold true for the 2000 or 2002. Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment