Sunday, December 25, 2005

Beringer Chenin Blanc 2004 (wine review) by (PB)

I was on the hunt for the Covey Run Chenin Blanc that was a Wine Spectator “Best Buy” but have not been able to find it in three different states. But I was in Bangor, Maine and when I inquired of the wine shop attendant, he said some guy had been in bought this wine and said it was the best Chenin he had ever had. That may be a true statement for the man which only means he has not had superior Chenin Blanc. But don’t let that steer you away from this wine.

At $7, it is citrusy with banana and circus peanut overtones that I love! In the mouth it is full, rich and wonderful flavors of citrus, pineapple and vanilla are evident through the sweetness. The major weakness of this wine is that t is sluggish in the acid area which makes the sweetness a bit much, at least according to my preference. But even with that, again, at $7, let’s get real. This is a value wine with nice varietal flavors and pleasant all the way around. Raise a glass!
Addendum--I found this wine today for $5!

No comments:

Post a Comment