Monday, November 20, 2006

Sterling “Vinters Collection” Cabernet Sauvignon Central Coast 2003 wine review by (PB)

Dark cherry appearance with an opacity to the hue with dark berry core on opening.

In the mouth this wine is intense full of ripe fruit accompanied by nice structure, tender tannins and a finish that is nearly jammy with blackberries galore. Breathing doesn’t really add anything to this wine. The finish is long and fruity. I paid $13 on sale. We had this with New York Strip Steaks on the grill. Very nice! Raise a glass to bizarre warm November remnants of Summer in the Northeast.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:05 PM

    I don't know. I had this the other night, and it didn't taste like Cabernet Sauvignon to me. It wasn't "bad" per se, but it was just sorta generic.

    Their more expensive ($20) Napa Valley cab had much more cabby character, with some nice leather and tannins. I liked to better.

    (Great blog, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete