Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Edna Valley Paragon Syrah 2003 Wine Review (NW)

Big, rich nose of blackberry, blueberry, and plum
Smooth core with some herbal and pepper tones
Smooth finish with a touch of chocolate

I was in the mood for a good domestic Syrah. When I found this on sale for $15 at a local gourmet market, I decided to give it a try. Overall, it's well made and has a good balance to it. This wine would please many palates. The only criticism is that the finish isn't quite as rich and lingering as I would have expected.

Domestic Syrah is still under-valued and under-appreciated. This is a pretty good Syrah that I just grabbed off the shelf without any prior knowledge- and was pleasantly rewarded. Try doing that with a domestic Cab for $15 and your chances of disappointment are considerably higher. Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment