Friday, November 10, 2006

Covey Run Sauvignon Blanc 2004 wine review by (PB)

This Washington State wine is pale straw with a guava bouquet and sweet tropical fruit nose with a touch of pineapple lifesavers.

The palate is a bit tart, thin and citrusy with peach notes. It is really dry and has a very short finish. I am a S. Blanc fan but really am partial to New Zealand’s style. This is an affordable and decent wine for the $9 and it made The Wine Spectator’s “Best Value” annotation. They liked it a lot more than I did. I think the wine is very average for the price and frankly, below the norm for this value winery, which seems to always excel in value wines. But as a caveat I would mention I have been battling a borderline cold which may totally invalidate this review due to the medicine I have been taking. So, raise a glass and try it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment