Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Castello Banfi Cum Laude 2002 Real Time Review (NW)

Notes of tar and dark berries on the nose
Prune and molasses taste on the palate
Medium length finish with some black licorice, falls somewhat flat

I gave it some time in the glass, but it may be from a bottle that's been open too long. I asked the server and he didn't know. He felt bad and brought me a tasting of two very high end wines just to be nice.

In the meantime, the wine never developed. It remained kind of flat. It had a little bit of the Sangiovese style but I didn't really like it. It's a super-Tuscan, so most likely a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Sangiovese.

This might not be a fair assessment, so I'll have to look for another opportunity to review this wine. I paid $17 for the glass at a restaurant on Long Island.

Raise a glass to real-time, wireless wine reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment