Friday, March 10, 2006

Louis Latour Meursault 2003 Wine Review (NW)

Rich, buttery nose
Creamy palate of honey and oak
Slightly tart finish

The rich nose had me thinking this wine would be really buttery on the finish as well. However, the finish is really different- almost tart and abbreviated. This didn't make much sense to my palate, so I was a little confused by this wine.

It was still relatively enjoyable, but I wouldn't recommend it. If you're looking for a white Burgundy and are leaning toward a bigger producer like Louis Latour, do some homework first to zero in on a good selection. This particular wine was ordered on a whim, and it wasn't much of a gamble. I noticed the restaurant happened to have this in a half bottle, so it was only $30. A half bottle in a wine shop would cost approximately $18 and a full bottle would be $35 or so. Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment