Saturday, March 11, 2006

Covey Run Gewurztraminer 2004 wine review (PB)

I purchased this wine on my recent trip to Los Angeles as I have been searching for it in New England and have been unable to find it. If you follow this blog, you know I am a Gewurz. Fan and when the Wine Enthusiast gave this $8 wine a 90 point rating, I wanted to check it out.

It is pale straw in the glass with loads of fresh peaches on the bouquet and candied little nose of more peaches with slight apricot notes. In the mouth it is sweet, full of peaches with nice acid and texture with gentile overall feel. This is a wine you chill and slug down just for the fun of it. A nice finish of apricots rounds this wine out.

Frankly, I wouldn’t have given it 90 points. I like the Fetzer Gewurztraminers year after year just as well if not a little more. But this is a fine white for knocking down with the first tastes of Spring. Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment