Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Fusee Merlot 2003 wine review by (PB)

This is another super wine value from the folks at Sebastiani. They just keep out doing themselves for superior wine at ridiculous prices.

This wine is loaded with dried cherries in the nose and a hint of green peppers in the rear. On the palate it is full of flavors of dried fruit, and vanilla. This is just sheer, simple drinking pleasure. I believe the Cabernet Sauvignon made our list of wine values and this one will do the same. I paid $4 for this here in Pasadena. Even though it sells for $7 out in my neck of the wood (Maine/Massachusetts) it would still make the value list at that price.

This wine even has a finish. Why restaurants wouldn’t offer this wine over the many overly priced and far inferior wines to this one is beyond me. I was just at an Outback Steak House while here in California and the wine list was atrocious, price gouging, and just plain uninformed. (Then again, the food was the same, but I digress...)

My kudos to the folks at Sebastiani. Well done—again! Raise a glass.

1 comment: