Saturday, March 18, 2006

Andre Brunel Grenache 2004 wine review by (PB)

This red from the Rhone has an amazing bouquet of pipe tobacco and chocolate, cherries and more that is positively super! This is the kind of wine I could just sniff and not drink and enjoy it greatly. Ah, but who am I kidding?

In the mouth this varietal from the specific region of Vaucluse has superior structure and rather light on flavor. It is adequate to be sure for a $9 wine but with such an amazing aroma, I would hope it would be reflected in the mouth. Never-the-less, this wine is straight forward, luscious, even juicy. It has a short finish. I like this wine though, a lot. It is a nice change from the fruit bombs I drink so often.

For this price definitely raise a glass!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't like this wine- too herbal and peppery. My review was posted in February, 2006.

    ReplyDelete