Monday, July 25, 2005

La Vieille Ferme Cotes Du Ventoux 2003 [Red] (PB)

This Wine Spectator “best buy” was $6 on sale from $8. It is a Rhone red from the region named in the title of this entry. It is a blend of Grenache, Syrah, Cinsault, and Carignan. The aromas in the nose are a little inky, and reminds me of a jug wine. On the palate it is light bodied, a tad harsh, but flavors are “okay” but seem to disappear quickly. The finish is non-existent. Best buy? Not as far as I am concerned but if you find it at $6, try a bottle and raise a glass.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:05 PM

    I was in my favorite wine shop yesterday and saw this one for 8.99. There were only 2 bottles left on the shelf so I figured it must be a good buy. I was doing a search to get a heads up on it before I start in on it and found this link. I can't wait to check it out. I have other wines to review before I get to this one so it'll be a few days. You'll be able to check out the review on www.winecology.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gregg--Thanks for the visit and I'll be sure to check out your review of the wine to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just pulled this out of my cellar. Must have bought it on sale as I didn't remember having it down there. I have to agree with you - light body, a bit harsh and no finish. It has some nice up front fruit, but that's about it. I'm sure I didn't pay more than $8 for this and I'm glad.

    ReplyDelete