Saturday, March 06, 2010

Arns Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 1996 Wine Review (NW)

Tasting notes:

Aromas of black cherry on the nose wrapped in eucalyptus and oak

Full bodied on the palate

Relaxed finish with more black cherry, cedar, and vanilla

Summary:

Relaxed and aging gracefully, this wine will evolve between sips while it's in the glass. While the flavor profiles I described in the tasting notes above might not sound like they work together, this wine is harmonious and well integrated. It will pair well with a variety of dishes.

I paid $30 for this bottle recently and I've seen it priced up to $70 on the internet. I'd love to get more at $30 but the inventory is long gone from the shop I found it in. You might be able to track it down or see it on a restaurant wine list. If so, raise a glass!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, we, will drink no wine before its time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nappa Valley wine, awesome flavor. I would drink napa wine over any other!

    ReplyDelete