Thursday, February 04, 2010

Chateau St. Jean Chardonnay Sonoma 2008 wine review by (PB)


Gentle golden hue with aromas of butterscotch, tropical fruit, and maybe a touch of cream.

Palate--fine structure with rigid acid and fruit core of creamy tropical fruit with citrus highlights.
This value Chard has some heft to it and has some style and character which is unique for a $9 Chard which is what I paid for it.

St. Jean's wine maker, Margo Van Staaveren knows how to make Chardonnay of all levels.

You normally find this table wine version of Ms. Van Staaveren's Chard for around the low teens. It is juicy and a nice Chard and a super value at this price. So, raise a glass as I will with my salmon with brown mustard and brown sugar glaze.

1 comment:

  1. My favourite winery when I visited Sonoma

    ReplyDelete