Monday, December 22, 2008

Beringer Old Vine Zinfandel 2005 wine review by (PB)


(Billy) of this blog surprised his "old man"--yours truly--by showing up in church, with my grandson in tow, from Minneapolis. Christmas surprises are great!

We had two wines "bagged" (blind tasting) by my wife and we then reviewed them. The other wine is below! Raise a glass to Christmas fun!

This was the lesser of the two wines with same presentation as the wine I reviewed below this wine. It is tighter on the nose with slight cherry notes and alcohol out of balance.

Palate--A little more finessed than the KJ Zin below, but another boring wine that you would expect to find in the $10 price however this one cost more than twice that. So I give them both a pass and say raise a glass but look for better values like my "Wine value of the year" just above this entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment