Friday, March 12, 2010

Coppola Shiraz 2007 wine review by (PB)


I saw this for $8 and since Coppola is one of those producers who just seems incapable of producing a bad wine, I decided to give it a try.

On the lighter side in color for a Shiraz but still some depth in its black cherry hue, with aromas that are at first a little peculiar, but beyond the hint of oil, there is some dark berry fruit and black cherry notes.

Palate--Big steely front with a big alcohol presence and a bitter rear palate. The fruit is awkward and rather nasty. *But--breathe this wine for at least an hour and it relaxes and delivers some fruit. It actually gets drinkable and for the price, turns out to be okay so raise a glass!

*This wine is a good example why you need to let a wine--even a cheap red wine--to sit and open up. In this case, my initial review upon opening this bottle was to pour it out. I actually went back and edited my review because as it opened, my wife and I found ourselves going back to pour more. It was actually pretty enjoyable so be patient with your wine, and it may surprise you!

No comments:

Post a Comment