Sunday, December 14, 2008

Georges DuBoeuf Brouilly Beaujolais Cru 2005 Wine Review (NW)



Tasting notes:

Bouquet of strawberry, plum, and roses on the nose

Light-bodied and silky on the palate

Finish of red berries, earth, and herbs

I must admit, I skipped over the Beaujolais Nouveau this year. I guess I just wasn't in the mood. Instead, to support the wine makers of Beaujolais, I bought a couple different bottles of Beaujolais Cru.

Where Nouveau is so hit or miss, the Beaujolais Cru is almost always hit. These wines are tremendous values and offer a versatility that is almost unmatched in the wine world. They are rich but light, balanced and harmonious.

This wine is silky and composed, with some trademark Gamay notes and a hint of neighboring Burgundy. I paid $12 and often see this wine range from $12-15. Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment