Monday, October 09, 2023

Wente Cabernet Sauvignon (Southern Hills) 2020

Nice dark garnet hue with aromas of cranberry and pomegranate, red berries, and gentle spice.  

Palate--First impression--tannins dry as dust, decent fruit, prominent classy fruit, with a finish that lingers mite.

The Southern Hills *AVA is a Central coast (California) grape growing region. I paid $13 frpo this wine listed at $17.  It is an "OK" cab especially at the $13 price point and Wente has a special place in my heart as I cut my teeth over 40 years ago on Wente wines.

I will pair this with charcoal grilled "short cut" steak. 

*AVA = American Viticultural Area--which has been granted "special" recognition for its grape's quality and character and must meet certain standards to claim the AVA classification..   Raise a glass!

The Wine Enthusiast rated this a 90 point wine. That's a leap although 88 would be more appropriate!

Pairing with my charcoal grilled short cut steak so raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment