Saturday, October 21, 2023

Villa Borghetti Pinot Grigio Delle Venezie 2022

 


Nearly clear with aromas of citrus, Lime notes, sweet vanilla at the rim.

Palate-- Vibrant acidity leads off the first impression of this mouth filling lemon/lime Pinot Grigio with ultra tart green apple nuances to the rear.

I had planned this wine for a dinner a couple nights ago where the base dish was a home-made squash soup but I knew it was not going to work so I screwed the cap back on immediately and refrigerated it.  Not a recommended protocol but it worked well.  Tonight this wine was perfect with our steamer clams and Maine lobster. 

I don't remember what I paid for it gut I believe it was probably $8 if not less.  At this price, serve it chilled with creamy, buttery sauced dishes, and raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment