Thursday, October 12, 2023

GPV Grady Family Vineyards Petite Sirah (Lodi) 2019


 

Inky dark, nearly black hue with aromas of licorice, eucalyptus, rose blossom above the rim, espresso, and more!

Palate--Hefty profile with thick texture, deep brooding rich dark fruit, tar, and this is all on opening. I wonder what breathing will do!

I bought this at a nice wine shop in our area for $17.00. It is the best and most complex wine I have had in a long time since I tend to stay around the $10 price point for my wines.  This wine, at this price is a powerhouse treat and great value that some will not appreciate as it is a 20 megaton fruit bomb--my term for the style. Snobs tend to prefer the more austere, food friendly old world wines which need 10 years or more to really appreciate. Don't get me wrong; I do as well, but being retired now I have be a bit more frugal. 

When this wine warms up a bit from my cellar temp (55 degrees) and has had time to breathe, it should yield more delight. I will be pairing it with grilled lamb chops.  If you're interested, this wine could improve over the 10 years so raise a glass and if you can, lay a couple down for the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment