Sunday, April 30, 2023

Substance CS Cabernet Sauvignon 2019

Deep garnet/purple hue with aromas of plum. prune hints, fresher dark berries above the rim, with ashy, spicy herbs and lovely pipe tobacco.

Palate--Solid structure with dense fruit, big black berry, black cherry and over-ripe plum--but not yet prune, with lip smacking tannins, and a finish that is somewhat quick. 

I met Charles Shaw at a Maine wine store many years ago. I always appreciated his avant garde approach to making wine and marketing without being annoyingly pretentious. I am a big fan of his most of his productions and was curious about this Cabernet. Definitely not your typical Washington state Cab.

I paid $11 for this although priced at $19. I like it at $11, would have been disappointed at $19. Will pair it with my shipped in Lou Malnatti's Chicago deep dish pizza and it will be perfect so raise a glass!


No comments:

Post a Comment