Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Fior di Vino Chianti Classico Riserva 2018



Med. crystal garnet hue with prominent aromas of dried cherries, cherry cream candies, floral nuances and hard cherry candies.

Palate--Lovely first impression with loads of Tuscan sangiovese, terroir, well made and down right delicious especially at the price point of $8.

I reviewed this same wine just a few weeks back which I like to do especially if there is something that just seems a little off but more I do it as a check of my own tasting consistency. While I have not gone back and checked my previous review, I know I liked it the first time around and I also believe that the bouquet is more expressive on this bottle and just all around even better than the first time I reviewed one.

*After checking back at this point to my earlier review, this wine is much more charming and fuller than the previous one. How do you explain this? Well, "bottle variation" is a "real" thing in wines finding them a bit variable here and there, though not wildly. But there is a profound difference in this bottle with my previous bottle. This is just plain better.  So again, at the Trader Joe's silly price of $8, RAISE A GLASS!

No comments:

Post a Comment