Sunday, April 09, 2023

LAGRANJA (Cava Brut)

 


Straw hue with pinprick bubbles and very subtle aromas of hazelnuts, citrus and a touch of maple.    

Palate--Lively effervescents with somewhat benign flavors with nothing standing out. Flavors are minimal, very dry, and fleeting to no finish.

At Trader Joe's this runs around $7 and honestly for that it is the kind of wine you would buy for a Summer pool party without breaking the bank and yet providing a fresh, vibrant (because of the bubbles) chilled down, sparkler that will not offend. (Unless you paid $15 for it which I have seen it listed at this.) 

I paired it with our Easter ham and I should have chosen the Gewurztraminer I had in the cellar but this was a good foil to the fatty, smoky, salty ham we had.  So again, at $7 considering what I have said raise a glass for a frugal occasion! 

No comments:

Post a Comment