Monday, December 05, 2022

Sebastiani "Red Wine" (Northcoast) "Bourbon Barrel" 2018

 

On the pour the hue is an intense purple nearly black. That alone lead me to a Syrah and/or Petite Sirah/Zinfandel blend. Intense dark berry aromas with violets, and plum. 

Palate--Silky first impression with gobs of jammy dark berry fruit, ripe plum and a hint of cinnamon. It lingers on the finish. 

Their flavor profile on the label was nothing like my own tasting. At any rate, this is a 20 megaton fruit bomb and well made as I would expect from Sebastiani. When I began my oenophilic exploration/education back in 1978, Sebastiani was one of my favorite producers.  They were always reliable, and produced a great value wine that had character and style. My current location for the past 33 years however, is a rural state and I basically never see Sebastiani wines here in Maine. 

I picked this one up at a New Hampshire liquor store. This will carry on for years and is full of rich berry flavors. How I wish Sebastiani were present in our fair state of Maine.  :( 

I will be pairing this with my wife's homemade turkey pie as we try and kill the left-overs of Thanksgiving. Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment