Tuesday, December 27, 2022

ILauri "Le Pinciaie" Montepulciano D'Abruzzo (Riserva) 2017


Pronounced ruby hue with aromas of raspberry, and gentle spices on the rim. 

Palate--Tart first impression with mineral beam, razor sharp acidity, austere first impression and this after breathing it for several hours. It finishes with a nice Montepulciano reminder and lingers for a bit.

*I had a glass breathing on the counter for 3 hours and that is the above review. I just re-reviewed it with a fresh pour from the bottle and it sports a bit of cherry, with the acidity toning down a touch with a richer beam of varietal flavor mid palate.  This is odd in my many decades of experience. *I am thinking this will be a much better wine with food when I pair it in a while with grilled Prime sirloin steaks, double baked potatoes, and home grown green beans. 

*It was indeed very nice with my grilled sirloins accentuating the grilled char, while toning down the bitterness of said char. 

$20 seems to be the price point on this wine.  Raise a glass!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment