Saturday, December 31, 2022

Lincourt Sta. Rita Hills Chardonnay 2013


Light golden hue with aromas of perfumy honeysuckle, orange, and numerous tropical fruits with a hint of citrus. Lovely!

Palate--Mouth filling flavors of all the things in the bouquet with a great razor sharp acidity on an ultra fruity foundation.  Finishes a little quick but reminds you to go back for more!

This has never seen oak and is absolutely lovely even at this late age for what would be a production level table wine. A 10 year old chard at the price point I paid is absurd, but then I find that most assessments of how long a wine will last are woefully lacking. 

I have had this for a few years and I think I paid around $10 for it though I see it on line closer to $15. This is a serious Chard, well made and a ridiculous value.

I am pairing it on this new year's eve with a seafood chowder consisting of Maine Lobster, Maine scallops, and wild caught Gulf shrimp. If you can find this, it has years left on it so raise a glass and remember that for all the crazies in the world today, there is a Creator who is omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent and is utterly in control. His ways are not our ways He tells us in the book of Isaiah, so raise a glass! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment