Thursday, December 15, 2022

Dry Creek Chenin Blanc (Clarksburg) 2021



Light gold hue with aromas of fresh apricot nectar, stone fruit, vanilla pudding.

Palate--A bit weak on first impression with a lack luster structure although the acidity does seem to escalate as you swish. Off dry with a melange of tropical fruit flavors but the structure is wanting in this Chenin.  *Unusual considering the people who made it...

*24 hours later, A slightly creamy touch in texture, loads of fruit and vanilla and a lingering finish.  In my arena of preference, I love my whites to have a razor sharp acidity. This one is not but it is also not flawed or poorly made. In the end it comes around and is a lovely Chenin--another really under-rated wine grape.

I don't recall what I paid for it but I expect it was around $13 and you haven't tried many or any Chenin Blancs, you are depriving yourself of a great wine that pairs well with Asian, Indian, cuisine.  Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment