Saturday, December 03, 2022

Buck Shack Zinfandel 2018 (Bourbon barrel aged) (Lake County, Cal.)



Dark garnet with aromas of milk chocolate, classic Zin bouquet, with dark fruit, cinnamon on opening but exits quickly  

Palate--OK Zin flavors, with jammy dark berry fruit, zesty savory spice and a slightly lingering finish with another touch of cocoa.

I paid $7 for this on a close out and it's ok at that price.  The regular price was supposedly around $20. I wouldn't want to pay that for this wine but at $7 I'll take it all day.  

A few wine makers are experimenting with bourbon barrels for aging their wine.  It definitely changes the profile and the few I have had I tend to like the change.  But give me conventionally well made Zin any time!  

I am pairing this with a moose dish tonight It is what we do in Maine so raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment