Monday, August 21, 2006

Rosenblum Zinfandel--Eagle’s Point Vineyard 2003 wine review by (PB)

The folks at Rosenblum specialize in Zinfandel with over 20 single vineyard designated wines. I have not had one that was not distinctive, superior and worth the price. This one was $24 and I bought on a trip to Los Angeles.

This wine is rich in color and the bouquet out of the gate is wowing! It is sweet smelling and hints of bananas–I kid you not– with an almost bubble gum scent as well.

In the mouth this wine is simply luxurious, and thick with deep currants, chocolate and great structure. I am overwhelmed with how velvety this wine feels.

With breathing there is loads of ripe jammy fruit in the bouquet and a first time for me aroma of baby powder! I love it.

In the mouth cocoa is prevalent with rich plush tannins. This is a bold and robust wine we served with grilled pizza. The finish is finessed and just all around wonderful. Raise a glass of something special!

No comments:

Post a Comment