Monday, November 27, 2023

Makers Mark Cabernet Sauvignon "Private Reserve" 2020

Decent, dark garnet hue with remnants of youthful purple.  Aromas of nice black berry, cherry chocolate bon bon hints, gentle savory spice, with a very nice touch of milk chocolate at the rim.

Palate--Nice first impression with a well made wine and decent grape stock from the Alexander Valley AVA. Finish lingers a bit and what's there is nice. There is a dense mid palate with sharp tannins and some acid. 

I grabbed a Sam's Club membership today as it has been years since I have darkened their doors. I was surprised at how many "bargains" their weren't.  Not just in the alcohol section but the whole store. Bidenomics is killing a once great country.  That being said, this was the only interesting thing I saw and thought I would try it because an Alexander Valley Cabernet should run around $18 and go up from there. 

For a $10 Cabernet, this is a very nice value.  I am pairing it with apple wood charcoal briquette grilled venison/bacon burgers.  Raise a glass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment