Thursday, November 02, 2023

Alexander Valley Vineyards Chardonnay (Alexander Valley--Sonoma) 2017

 

Slight amber hue with a spectacular golden hue from age accompanied by aromas of burnt orange, fresh notes of tangerine, hints of caramel.

Palate-- Previously reviewed back in April, I opened my last bottle tonight. Still lively though with muted fruit, lively acidity, a citrus beam still prevalent, and actually quite enjoyable even more so than the other 2 or 3 bottles I reviewed previously.  

I paid $15 for this Sonoma Chard and the first bottle was "ok" as was the 2nd and third.  This one was really quite amazing and a value at $15 for the 375ml (a full bottle is 750ml).  Aged wines--and while this isn't all that old, most wines are not made to "age!"  In fact most aged wines are pretty crappy.  But this one is appropriately priced and in my estimation is a value that I was even able to find a few. 

Would be great with buttery sauces, lobster, French onion tart--which is what I had it with a moment ago and it was perfect. If you manage to find one, grab it and expand your horizons and raise a glass.  

No comments:

Post a Comment