Friday, November 03, 2023

Alta Alella "PB" 2019


Very light golden hue with aromas of green melon before the swirl for after the swirl it is a different profile. Lemon and vanilla notes; *fresh laundry just out of the washer. (smells like our detergent.)

Palate--Razor sharp acidity is what smacks you out of the gate. Quince, and bitter almond hints with juicy lemon and vanilla with a fleeting Finish.

I LOVE a big acidic white but this is a bit over the top. It does mellow out once you have had a few tastes of it. The Xarello (pronounced--Sharello) grape is the first time I have had a Spanish wine as a varietal.  It has been a blending grape in some Spanish Cavas. I paid $15 for this and I admit the classy label and particularly the name of the wine is what grabbed me. I was a pastor for 40 years and went by the moniker of "PB" so I kinda had to buy this.  The Wine Enthusiast gave this an 88 point rating which I believe is generous.

The jury is still out on this one.  I will be pairing it with homemade chicken pot pie. We'll see if it gets redeemed.

*First time i have used this aromas comparison in 40 years of wine tasting. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment