Friday, January 05, 2007

Lenz "White Label" Chardonnay 2004 Wine Review (NW)



Disclosure: This is one of the six wines sent to us from Lenz Winery for review.

Tasting notes:

Bright aromas of apple and pineapple on the nose

Good acidity and minerals on the palate

Lively finish of citrus, tapering nicely

This is a very nice, well-made wine. It has very bright fruit a, a strong backbone, and is knit together. The reference price is $12, which is a good deal.

I don't usually seek out unoaked Chardonnay, preferring other varietals when I want a crisp white. Chardonnay takes so well to oak that my favorite Chardonnays have layers of vanilla, butterscotch, and spices to compliment the fruit. However, this wine along with two others I've had recently are changing my mind on that subject.

Clearly, this wine is very well made. I enjoyed every drop, noticing that it kept well in the refrigerator several days after opening. Raise a glass to Lenz for a terrific value-priced, unoaked Chardonnay!

No comments:

Post a Comment