Thursday, January 18, 2007

Feudo Arancio Grillo 2005 wine review by (PB)


This Sicilian white is pale yellow with slight hint of green.
The bouquet is sweet and powdery; quite fragrant with fruity, citrus notes.

It is off dry on the palate with simple flavors that accompany appetizers well and would make a nice chilled, summer wine. I didn't even know this grape existed but (NW) and I found it on our most recent Boston bargain hunting excursion. It was $8 and was worth that just for the experience of a new varietal. It's not a block buster but is pleasant enough for sitting on a proch enjoying a warm summer eve. Chill it down fairly well and enjoy! Raise a glass to warm summer nights--we just came out of sub-zero temps where I am from... brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

2 comments:

  1. Grillo is actually one of the main grapes used to make Marsala, the famous Sicilian fortified wine. It oxidizes really easily, which is why it is rarely found as a varietal dry wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:22 PM

    My husband and I opened a bottle of this for dinner tonight and it was not pale yellow, but more of a golden yellow and I did not like it at all. It was too sweet and decided that perhaps I would freeze it and use it the next time I make chicken marsala...it reminded me of a sherry wine. COuld it have been spoiled since it was not pale yellow but definitely gold?

    ReplyDelete