Saturday, January 13, 2007

Conquista De Argentina Malbec 2005 wine review by (PB)


My wife grabbed this for dinner one night just because she could. I love it when she gets into the wine exploration for herself.

This Malbec has a deep cherry hue and a bouquet full of rich berry fruit. Nose has ripe plums underneath.

In the mouth it feels good but there was an odd plastic taste and finish that is subtly bitter. It was served too warm for one thing coming right from the store and improved a little on breathing and cooling it down. But there was still an off note that was unpleasant. (It should be noted however, that I have been fighting a cold and flu for a week which may have skewed this review--but I don't think so... At $11, I would suggest the Trapiche Oak Cask Malbec instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment