Saturday, January 20, 2007

Casa Lapostolle Sauvignon Blanc 2005 wine review by (PB)


Okay, knock me down and step on my face; splatter my name all over the place, but don't miss this super value wine. Casa Lapostolle is one of the ultra up and coming Chilean wineries that just has the knack for making good wine. This Chilean varietal is really, really, (did I say "really?") NICE.

It has a nice straw color with big--did I say BIG? peach aromas with apricots filling the bouquet topped off by a great vanilla cream note.

In the mouth this wine is lively with guava notes, and vibrant, mouth watering acidity, fruit galore, vanilla and a creamy texture to boot. It is classic Sauvignon Blanc with the trademark grassiness but not as grassy as the New Zealand variety. It finishes with apricots and for $7--did I say $7? Yes I did! Find it, buy it, drink it, and then buy more. Trust me and raise a glass!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:48 PM

    it was the worst 7 dollars spent!

    ReplyDelete