Thursday, April 27, 2006

Rocking Horse Cabernet Sauvignon 2001 wine review by (PB)

This Garvey Family Vineyard creation yielded a ripe strawberry aromas right on pulling the cork. A eucalyptus nose is nice on the first swirl.

In the mouth on opening this wine is pretty , rich berry red, a little bitter, a bit acidic, a little herbal and a very little candied with a decent finish that is pleasant and definite.

With a half hour of breathing time, the bouquet grows large with 2 layers of fruit; one is fresh like cherries the other is dark berry aromas. The palate is less bitter and growing is splendor with some undertones of subtle chocolate and espresso notes.

This is a well made wine made from this vineyard in Rutherford and is aged for 24 months in French Oak . It is balanced, at its prime, though will hold for a couple-several years perhaps.

I bought this from my wine guy in Freeport, Maine at the Freeport Wine And Cheese Shop. I have had it for perhaps close to a year. I served it with my first time steak (N.Y. Strip) cooked directly on the coals in my new Weber Grill. I HIGHLY recommend this method of cooking steak. It was fabulous and paired with this wine, Ces’t Magnifique! At $30, it was solid and a treat. Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment