Monday, February 27, 2023

Il Borgo COLLINARE "Nero-d'Avola" 2021

 


Pretty crystalline-like hue with aromas of "pretty" aromas of sweet berries, cola, lightly sweet spice, and cherry/raspberry cream.

Palate- Steely first impression, tart with mouth watering acidity, stingy flavors finishing quickly.

"Cola" is not an ordinary aroma I associate with Nero d'Avola which is one of my prefered, inexpensive, old world productions. Typically is more cherry berry is with a gentler profile and easy drinking. But this is tight on opening so we'll give it some air time!

After an hour or so, this is a really nice food wine I paired with my homemade pasta and a creation from my mind consisting of bacon, garlic, onion, red wine reduction, heavy cream, anchovies, grated parmesan cheese and garlic bread. At $7 this is crazy good wine so raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment