Sunday, February 19, 2023

Estero "Red Blend" (California) 2020


Bold pour with dark purple hue and aromas of sweet candied dark fruit above the rim with ripe blackberry and plum on sweet and savory spices.

Palate--Fruit forward first impression on a supple foundation with intense dark fruit flavors that are juicy and flavorful. Finishes fairly decent and lasting.

I grabbed this "sourced" wine because it was a label I had never seen and I have a good friend who lives in Estero albeit on the opposite coast from California.  I am going to guess this is a blend of Syrah perhaps, Cabernet sauvignon and/or Petite Sirah.  Since I could not find information on what the blend is, I would say this is an approximation of what these grapes would taste like.  

A Trader Joe's value at $8 and if you enjoy a fruit bomb kind of wine, which I do under the right circumstances, then I say, "Raise a glass!"

No comments:

Post a Comment