Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Masciarelli Montepulciano D'Abruzzo 2011 wine review by (PB)

Black cherry to garnet hue with bouquet of cherry, slight rose petal, dill and spicey licorice.

Palate--Lovely fruity, cherry and licorice touches with solid structure, and a beam of nice bright fruit mid-palate with a nice texture. Finishes a little quick but a nice all around Montepulciano and a great food wine.

I paid $11 for this wine after many years of shunning the Masciarelli label. For some reason I don't recall, I had associated this wine with cheap red wines that have earned the designation "plonk." Strangely this was all based on the proximity of this wine to the plonk wines.

After reading a review of another vintage of this wine by (NW) of this blog I spied this and thought I would give it a shot. Hey we all do stupid things in our lives right? I prejudged this wine and ended up finding a value so raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment