Friday, July 03, 2009

Rosenblum Syrah Solano County England-Shaw Vineyard 2005 wine review by (PB)


Real time review:
On the eve of the celebration of our independence as a nation I am slow cooking some ribs on my Weber with REAL charcoal--always the purist...

I just opened this bottle to celebrate such an auspicious occasion.

This wine is a deep black cherry colored with jammy plum aromas.
Palate is a bit coarse with austere fruit and chewy tannins. I will decant this sucker as I know there is much more there!

An hour later, it is relaxed with vibrant black cherry aromas, plum and sweet spices.
Palate has relaxed tannins, big ripe dark fruit and bready notes with a nice lingering finish. I paid $26 for this and it is nice but I would rather spend the same amount on one of their many single vineyard Zins. Raise a glass to the brave men and women who fought for our right to be free!

No comments:

Post a Comment