Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Camigliano Brunello Di Montalcino 2001 wine review by (PB)


A great occasion deserves a great wine so why not Brunello? It is my lover's and my 36th wedding anniversary and the lasagna is in the oven. I opened this wine at noon to let it breathe as most Brunellos need lots of air time and to my surprise this wine was showing some maturity on the rim and in the bouquet.

Sweet tobacco and bright candied cherry fill the bouquet with ample cedar notes.
Palate--The wine is supple with relaxed tannins (mature) bright cherry fruit over stewed prune hints with a cedar presence. This wine is peak right now and will not get any better I don't believe. It is mature and begging to be enjoyed. Perhaps this is why it was on sale when I bought it at $40 on a recent trip to Phoenix.

At any rate, it will be the perfect accompaniment to an awesome lasagna and a brilliant wife who makes water blush in her presence. How blessed I am so raise a glass to 36 faithful years to each other and that my friends is infinitely more rare than the rarest Le Pin or Petrus and worth 10 times as much!

No comments:

Post a Comment