Monday, August 27, 2007

Domaine De Baumard Clos Du Papillion 2001 wine review by (PB)


This white is yellow in the glass with distinctive aromas that were defying (NW) and myself from beginning to end. The wine comes from the Savennieres which is a region within the Loire Valley and this is my first wine from there. It is made of Chenin Blanc which is another one of my favorite grapes but this was unlike anything in my experience.


After talking about the wine and trying to pin it down, I labeled the nose as canned mandarin oranges with cinnamon spice up front. Bold and mysterious!

In the mouth the wine is dry, dry and dry again! There is a strong citrus front palate and a floral blast that is fleeting but awesome immediately following the swallow. This wine is from the Domaine De Baumard and cost (NW) $21. Raise a glass if unique is what you seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment