Friday, April 06, 2007

Rocca di Montemassi Le Focaie Sangiovese 2004 Wine Review (NW)



Tasting notes:

Cherry and dried herbs on the nose with a wet earth note

Moderately steely core

Finishes with moderate tannins and light vanilla overlaying a tart notes

This is a fairly "old world" style of Sangiovese from Maremma (coastal Tuscany). It has that steely core and just as much herbs as fruit. For food pairings, think pizza, spaghetti, and other Italian comfort foods.

I find this style of wine to be enjoyable with a variety of dishes, but it's not a wine I would tend to sip on after dinner. I paid $12, which is in that reasonable range of food-friendly Italian reds. Raise a glass!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:20 AM

    I love this wine. It's super tasty, moderately priced, and most importantly, it doesn't irritate my mom's stomach as most red wines do.

    ReplyDelete