Monday, April 10, 2006

Marques Casa Concha Cabernet Sauvignon 2001 wine review by (PB)

This Chilean was one of the first wines from Chile that absolutely won me over to Chile’s wine making prowess. This one was superb when I first reviewed it a couple years ago. I laid one away to put a couple more years on it; this was the wine.

It has a bouquet of berries and spice with room filling aromas; the nose is fruit and oak.

In the mouth it is still tight and age worthy and yet...there is an off flavor/aroma which smells/tastes like “Brett.” (Brett is short for Brettanomyces which is a fungal contaminant.) This is hugely disappointing! Other than that, it had so much potential and while I cannot be sure it is Brett, it is off enough to where I don’t want to finish the bottle. My suggestion–if you have any of this year laying down; open one and see what you think. What else can you do? Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment