Tuesday, April 11, 2006

C.C. Brunello Di Montalcino 1999 wine review by (PB)

This Tuscan gem comes from the hailed vintage of 99 which was given a 97 rating. This wine in particular was given a 90 by The Wine Spectator. I paid $20 for it with a reference price of $40. Now I just wish I could remember where I bought it; possibly Sam’s Club...

This 100% Sangiovese is medium to light garnet on the pour with a wonderful bouquet of big fat berries and light red cherries. The nose is really nice full of cola and root beer notes.

In th mouth, even on opening it is nicely balanced with a good feel with black pepper and rich tannins that are still immature leaving a chewy finish. I’ll breathe it a while.

With air (give it two hours at least) this wine turns nearly elegant with harmonious flavors and aromas all blending together in one unified, balanced delight. It finishes nicely. If I can find more of this, I’m buying whatever I can find! Raise a glass this wonderful–bargain--classic.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps a little late to respond to your blog post, but I do appreciate the review. I just picked up a bottle of the C.C. Brunello at Trader Joe's for the $19.99 price, based on the fact that this is a great price for a Brunello from 1999. I was a little apprehensive--seemed too good a price--and half-expected to read 'avoid this wine' posts on various message boards. Here's a good link for brunello if you haven't come across it. Thanks!
    I'll be sure to pick up a few more bottles.

    ReplyDelete